Saturday, March 19, 2011

One on one

Going in to feed everyone this morning, I got even more purrs from lil Spook, who, once I started patting him, seemed to really like his back stroked rather roughly (so does the smaller, darker of the tabby girls for that matter). He has quite a loud wee purr when he gets started!

After they'd all had a chance to fill their bellies and use the dirtbox, I decided to take the bigger, lighter of the tabby girls out for a bit of one on one time, to see how she went. First we went for a wander outside, but that was still a wee bit too freaky, so back inside to the bedroom. I left the door open so she still had plenty of room to explore, but she spent most of the time in the bedroom where I was, even when Mr2 kept coming running in, babbling at top volume as he does, trying to give her cuddles and kisses (and making his toy dog give her kisses too!). I was actually rather surprised at how well she handled his behaviour... occasionally she'd run away, but most of the time she'd just sit there, eyeing him with crazy-kitten-want-to-play eyes, and let him pat and kiss her! She didn't even try and run away when Doggy was made to give her a kiss! I have a feeling this wee girl would cope rather well in a family home, even with small children around.
Chasing flies, attacking the mat by the door, exploring the room, and jumping on and off the bed kept her occupied while I got a few photos, then she dashed off to the washhouse, which was shut to keep her siblings in, and started giving a squeaky little miaow. Figuring that meant asking for the dirtbox, or maybe she'd just had enough, I popped her back into the washhouse with the others.

Later today I might bring one or two of the others out for a one on one session, otherwise will do that over the next few days, but I will put a post up later tonight with some of the photos from the session with lil miss Tabby.

No comments:

Post a Comment